Thursday, March 12, 2009

So I Figured Out How to Know If I Have Missed a Pill

Most of the time I cant remember if I have taken my pill for the day or not.

I have a hard time remembering what I am doing while Im doing it, so its hard to remember what I did 5 mins ago or even longer.

I usually take it, but just didnt have a way of know for sure.

I tried making a slash on the calander, but then I would forget to make the slash, so that turned out to be totally pointless. I also need to know what day it was if I did miss so I can tell the study.

I have figured out a way that will work with my memory problem.

  • I get 3 bottles of pills at every visit.
  • I open 2 bottles at one time.
  • I count out the pills for the month.
  • I put those in one bottle and all the rest in the other bottle.

This way if I cant remember if I took my pill, all I have to do is count the pills in the bottle. If I have 1 too many then I know I forgot to take it.

This is very helpful and helps me tremendously.

May not make sense to everyone, but it works for me.

2 comments:

Skye April 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

I found you via Tracy's blog, just thought I'd let you know!

Anyway, when I was on a bunch of pills, that's what I'd do as well. Eventually, that didn't work out too well for me though, as I'd have to take more than one a day, and I couldn't remember what time of day I'd start, therefore would get confused as to whether or not I had taken that mornings pill or if I had forgotten.

What I finally ended up doing, was buying a plastic container that had compartments. (I think it was actually for sewing). It had 30 cmopartments, so I'd put all the pills for each day into each compartment. Then, if I missed one during the day, I knew it because there'd be one too many left by the time I realized it.

The only time that didn't work, was for months when there are 31 days. Finally, I realized that I needed just one small container for one day's pills, I'd use it for my first day of the month, and go from there. It workd out quit well in the end :)

I did however quit taking all those pills, as not one of them made any differende at all in my pain nor functjionality. I don't know if I have MS or not, my doc's can't seem to agree on anything, but they do agree that all the indications are there, they just can't decide for sure.

Diane June 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

I also have problems keeping my pills straight. So I bought one of those old person weekly pill carriers to keep it straight! hehe

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

MyBlogLog

Followers

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP